Day 01: Beirut Int’l Airport
- Upon your arrival at Beirut Int’l Airport, you will be greeted and welcomed by our professional representative.
- From there, you will be escorted to your hotel in Beirut, a captivating and cosmopolitan city renowned for its rich historical sites, bustling markets, mouth-watering cuisine, and vibrant nightlife.
Day 02: Beirut City Tour – Jounieh – Harissa
- Embark on a comprehensive tour of Beirut, immersing yourself in its vibrant atmosphere and exploring its diverse attractions and historical landmarks. Begin by taking a scenic drive along the picturesque seashore, marvelling at the Mediterranean Sea and experiencing the iconic Pigeons Rock. Visit the National Museum, housing a remarkable collection of archaeological artefacts, including the famous Sarcophagus of Ahiram. Discover the city’s past at Martyrs’ Square, where archaeological excavations and restored buildings narrate Beirut’s multi-cultural heritage. Shop and dine at Beirut Souks, a reconstructed shopping district offering a lively atmosphere. Conclude the tour at Zaitounay Bay, a waterfront space with upscale restaurants and a view of luxurious yachts.
- Make your way to Jounieh, an exquisite coastal city located just north of Beirut. Immerse yourself in its vibrant atmosphere as you stroll along lively streets adorned with shops, cafes, and restaurants. A must-see attraction in Jounieh is the Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine. To reach the shrine, embark on a cable car ride that ascends to the hilltop. As you glide above the city, you will be treated to awe-inspiring panoramic views of Jounieh. Upon reaching the summit, you will be greeted by the magnificent Our Lady of Lebanon statue. This towering monument is not only an impressive sight but also a symbol of Lebanon’s rich religious heritage and devotion. Many visitors come to the shrine seeking spiritual solace or simply to revel in the breathtaking vistas.
- From the elevated vantage point of the shrine, you can indulge in sweeping views of Jounieh, the glistening Mediterranean Sea, and the captivating coastline. The combination of the serene atmosphere, the stunning natural surroundings, and the profound tranquillity of the shrine makes for an unforgettable experience.
Day 03: Beirut – Baalbek – Ksara – Anjar
- Embark on a captivating day trip to Baalbek, Anjar, and Chateau Ksara, where you’ll delve into Lebanon’s rich heritage through its remarkable vineyards and ancient ruins.
- Travel to the Bekaa Valley, renowned for its picturesque vineyards. The valley’s fertile soil and unique climate, characterized by cold winters, hot summers, and misty mornings, create ideal conditions for growing exceptional grapes. The vineyards cultivate various grape varieties, resulting in high-quality wines that have gained international acclaim.
- Arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Baalbek, an ancient Phoenician city known as Heliopolis during the Hellenistic period. It was a significant religious center dedicated to a triad of deities. Explore the ruins, which showcase impressive Imperial Roman architecture and offer a glimpse into the grandeur of the ancient world.
- Continue your journey to Anjar, a fortified city built by the Umayyad Caliphate in the 8th century. Known as “The Palace of the Desert,” Anjar served as a trading post and residence for the caliphs. Its well-preserved walls provide insights into the Umayyad period and the region’s history.
- Conclude your exploration at Chateau Ksara, one of Lebanon’s oldest wineries. Enjoy a wine tasting experience and savour the flavors of the region. Chateau Ksara represents Lebanon’s viticultural heritage with its tradition and commitment to producing excellent wines.
Day 04: Beirut – Tyre – Sidon – Echmoun
- Embark on a scenic day trip along Beirut’s southern coast, heading towards Sidon and exploring its historical and archaeological gems. This journey takes you through ancient ruins, Crusader castles, and vibrant cultural sites.
- Your first stop is the “Castle of the Sea,” a 13th-century Crusader castle located in Sidon. This imposing fortress, situated on a small island off the coast, offers a glimpse into the region’s rich history. Explore its well-preserved walls, towers, and courtyards, and learn about its strategic significance during the Crusader era.
- Continue to the nearby city of Tyre, another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tyre was once a prosperous Phoenician city and an important center of maritime trade. Explore the archaeological site, which includes impressive Roman ruins, such as the monumental Roman hippodrome, the triumphal arch, and the Roman necropolis. Stroll through the ancient streets and marvel at the well-preserved remnants of Tyre’s illustrious past.
- Afterward, visit the Temple of Echmoun, located just outside Sidon. This ancient Phoenician temple is dedicated to the god of healing, Echmoun. Admire its intricate carvings and architectural features, which reflect the skill and artistry of the Phoenician civilization.
- Indulge in local cuisine throughout the day, savouring traditional Lebanese dishes and experiencing the charm of the towns you visit.
Day 05: Beirut – Jeita – Faqra – Byblos
- Commence your journey by departing from Beirut and heading towards Jeita Grotto, a remarkable subterranean cave system renowned for its awe-inspiring beauty. Explore the captivating stalactites and stalagmites that adorn the caverns, immersing yourself in the enchanting ambiance as you traverse the walkways and take a boat ride through the lower cave. The extraordinary formations of Jeita Grotto are certain to leave you marvelling at the wonders of nature.
- Continue your journey to Faqra, renowned for its temples as the temples of Qalaat Faqra boast the most extensive Roman ruins in all of Mount Lebanon.
- Proceed to the historic town of Byblos, one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities. Immerse yourself in its rich heritage as you visit the Crusaders’ castle, the Phoenician temples, and the Roman theater. Wander through the charming streets of the old town, uncovering hidden treasures such as traditional markets, ancient churches, and mosques. Byblos offers a captivating blend of historical significance and vibrant culture, providing a fascinating glimpse into Lebanon’s past.
- Throughout the day, relish the opportunity to indulge in local cuisine, whether it’s savouring a delectable meal at a seaside restaurant in Byblos or sampling traditional Lebanese dishes in one of the quaint eateries along the way.
Day 06: Byblos – Qadisha – Tripoli – Beirut
- Embark on a captivating trip to the Qadisha Valley, a holy site with monasteries and stunning natural landscapes. Explore the deep gorge, ancient monastic communities, and serene atmosphere of the valley. Visit monasteries like Qozhaya Monastery and learn about their historical significance.
- Continue to the Forest of the Cedars of God near Bcharre, where you’ll encounter majestic cedar trees of great cultural importance. Enjoy a peaceful stroll through the forest and appreciate the timeless beauty of the cedars.
- Conclude the day with a visit to Tripoli, a city known for its well-preserved medieval structures, including the Crusader Castle and historic mosques. Immerse yourself in the city’s rich history and vibrant ambiance as you explore its narrow streets and bustling bazaars.
Day 07: Beirut – Deir el Qamar – Beiteddine
- Embark on an enchanting day trip from Beirut, exploring Deir el Qamar, Beiteddine, and the Al-Shouf Cedar Nature Reserve.
- Begin in Deir el Qamar, a historical town with palaces and cultural treasures. Visit the Marie Baz Museum, Notre Dame church, and Fakhr ed-Dine mosque to appreciate the architectural marvels and religious diversity.
- Continue to Beiteddine and marvel at the magnificent Palace of Emir Bechir, showcasing oriental architectural mastery. Explore the palace’s elegant courtyards and opulent interiors.
- Proceed to Barouk, a charming town known for its springs, and enjoy the serene surroundings. Witness the beauty of the Cedars of Barouk, younger but meticulously cared for.
- Conclude your journey at the Al-Shouf Cedar Nature Reserve, home to diverse flora and fauna, including the iconic cedar trees. Explore the reserve’s trails, immerse yourself in nature, and ascend to the summit for panoramic views of the Beqaa Valley.
- Return to Beirut in the evening and spend your last night exploring the city’s vibrant nightlife, sampling delicious Lebanese cuisine, or simply relaxing by the waterfront.
Day 08: Departure
- Transfer to Beirut Int’l Airport for your departure flight, bidding farewell to Lebanon with cherished memories of its rich history, cultural heritage, and warm hospitality; or extend your journey to include Syria alongside your visit to Lebanon.