Visa to Syria:
Planning a trip to Syria? But before you pack your bags, but one question might haunt your mind: Do I need a visa? That’s where Nawafir Tours steps in, your trusted agency to unlocking the wonders of Syria, visa and all!
Travel to Syria in 2024 with Nawafir Tours:
Nawafir Tours is a trusted local travel agency that offers comprehensive meet and assist services, as well as transportation services, at your preferred port of entry in Syria. Whether you arrive at Beirut Int’l Airport, Amman Int’l Airport, or Damascus Int’l Airport, Nawafir Tours is dedicated to providing a seamless and hassle-free travel experience.
Upon your arrival, you can expect a warm welcome from Nawafir Tours team. They will be readily available to assist you with the necessary procedures and ensure a smooth transition through immigration and customs. Their expert knowledge and experience in handling these processes will help streamline your entry into the country.
Safety and Security:
- At Nawafir Tours, the safety and well-being of our guests are our top priorities. We are fully committed to delivering a travel experience that is not only enjoyable but also secure. Our team takes great care in planning sightseeing tours and excursions, ensuring that we include only safe and secure cities and sites.
- To guarantee the safety of our guests, we maintain regular communication with local authorities and have a strong network of contacts. This allows us to stay informed about the current situation on the ground. If we receive any indication that a particular location or site may pose a risk, we take immediate action to adjust our itinerary and make alternative arrangements.
- You can have peace of mind knowing that at Nawafir Tours, we are unwavering in our dedication to providing a travel experience that is both secure and enjoyable. Your safety and well-being are at the forefront of everything we do.
Arrival to Syria:
- Generally, most guests arrive at Beirut Int’l Airport and then travel overland to Syria. Beirut Int’l Airport serves as the easiest and most popular entry point, cost-wise and logistics-wise. The duration of the journey from Beirut Int’l Airport to Damascus usually takes around three to four hours, depending on the traffic and visa procedures at the border crossing.
- Another option is to travel through Amman Int’l Airport, Jordan to reach Syria. The duration of the journey from Amman Int’l Airport to Damascus usually takes around four to five hours, depending on the traffic and visa procedures at the border crossing.
- You can also arrive to Damascus through Damascus Int’l Airport, where both Syrian Airlines and Cham Wings Airlines currently operate flights to Damascus from Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Moscow, Cairo, Kuwait, Baghdad, Erbil and Beirut.
Visa to Syria 2024:
- Tourist visa to Syria is the most important issue to ask about when you plan to travel to Syria.
- Obtaining a visa for Syria is relatively straightforward process based on nationality.
- As your host/sponsor, Nawafir Tours handles the application for your security clearance and entry visa approval. Accordingly, You will need to provide a scanned copy of your passport’s information pages, with a minimum validity of six months.
- Upon arrival at the designated border crossing, you will get the 15-day visa as a stamp in your passport rather than a sticker, and pay in cash the visa fees as per below.
Visa Fees 2024:
The following visa fees generally apply, subject to change without any prior notice:
It is Important to note that you can still apply for a visa through functioning Syrian embassies. The process can be challenging and may take up to two months. It involves submitting paperwork explaining your travel plans, as well as a letter of invitation from your host/sponsor in Syria.
- It is crucial to emphasize that the Syrian authorities have strict regulations regarding previous travel to Israel and self-ruled territories. If, while obtaining your Syria visa on arrival, border officials discover any indications in your passport that raise suspicions of prior visits to Israel, your entry into Syria will be unequivocally refused.
- These restrictions apply not only to passports containing visas or entry/exit stamps to Israel and self-ruled territories, but also to entry stamps from specific border crossings with Israel from neighbouring countries such as Jordan or Egypt that you may have recently travelled through. As a result, if such stamps are present, Syrian immigration officials will deny entry immediately.
- The Syrian government strictly enforces these restrictions, and in order to ensure a smooth entry into Syria, travelers must be mindful of their travel history. This entails understanding the significance of their passport stamps and planning their itineraries in the region accordingly. The objective is to avoid any complications that may arise from any perceived association with Israel during your entry process.
- Additionally, entry/exit stamps from the below border crossings should be avoided to avoid being refused entry to Syria.
Jordan Border Crossings:
- Wadi Araba Crossing/South Border
- Allenby/King Hussein Bridge
- Sheikh Hussein Crossing/Northern Border
Egypt Border Crossings:
- Sharm el Sheikh, Mars al-Alam and Hurghada
It is important to note that having an entry stamp from Sharm el Sheikh Airport has resulted in cases where individuals were denied entry to Syria.
Please read carefully Travel Guide to Syria 2024
You can learn more about Visa to Lebanon
For more information about Visa to Jordan