Day Trip from Beirut to Damascus: Discover the true essence of Syria with our a short break trip from Beirut. This one-day excursion is perfect for those with limited time, allowing them to immerse in the authentic flavors of Damascus, experience the vibrant culture, delve into the fascinating history, and embrace the warm hospitality of the Syrian people. We are certain that this unforgettable experience will leave you yearning for a longer journey to explore the wonders of Syria.
- Begin your journey from Beirut, Lebanon, with a convenient pick-up from your city center accommodation.
- Take a break at a street café for refreshments before reaching the Lebanese-Syrian border crossing.
- Continue your travel to the capital city of Damascus, Syria, renowned for its diverse religious, ethnic, and cultural heritage.
- Your drop-off point will be Bab Touma, the north-eastern gate associated with the old city’s Christian neighbourhood.
- Stroll along the ancient roadway to a boutique hotel located in the heart of old Damascus (Beit Zafran Hotel de Charme) to have a short break and meet your guide to start your city tour of Damascus.
- Experience the spiritual significance of the Chapel of St. Ananias, an ancient church that embodies the essence of early Christianity.
- Take a stroll along the historic Straight Street, a captivating thoroughfare adorned with shops, cafes, and bustling markets.
- Be awe-inspired by the splendour of Azem Palace, an architectural gem that showcases the exquisite beauty of Damascene craftsmanship, currently houses the Museum of Popular Traditions.
- Embark on an exploration of Khan Assad Basha, an impressive caravanserai that stands as a testament to the region’s rich trading heritage.
- Enjoy a stroll through the narrow alleys, leading you to the Umayyad Mosque. This iconic landmark is a significant cultural and spiritual center, housing the Shrine of John the Baptist.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Souq al-Hamidiyeh, an ancient covered bazaar and bustling marketplace where the local culture thrives.
- Take a well-deserved rest at the historic Al Noufarah coffeehouse, where you can savour the flavors of coffee and tea while observing the vibrant Damascene life unfolding around you.
- Witness the religious diversity of Syria by visiting the Al-Seida Raqiyeh Mosque an important Shia pilgrimage site.
- Enjoy a stroll along the ancient roadway to a boutique hotel in old Damascus for some rest before returning to Beirut.
- Private round-trip transfer.
- Syrian Land border security clearance.
- Syrian tourist visa reference code (Entry visa approval).
- Professional English-speaking guide during the city tour.
- Entrance fees.
- Syrian land border exit tax to Lebanon.
- Entry visa fees to Syria.
- Any meals and drinks.
- Any tipping.
- Insurance of any kind.
Rate per person, valid during 2023, on the basis of:
|2 Persons||US$ 199|
|3 Persons||US$ 149|
|4 Persons||US$ 129|